The Intensive Program is designed with the serious dance student in mind. Students who are thinking of dance after high school are strongly recommended to participate in this program. The Intensive Program provides dancers with the opportunity to more dance classes, extra performances and much more. In addition to their ballet training, Intensive Program dancers have the opportunity to learn/use the Progressive Ballet Technique to help with their overall dance training.
To register for the Intensive Program, dancers will be enrolled in the Performing Ballet Program and all age appropriate classes offered at Yarmouth Dance Academy. Dancer’s in the Junior or Senior Intensive Program are able to attend additional ballet classes with instructors permission for technique and conditioning.
Participants in the Junior and Senior Intensive Program are expected to attend all regular classes. Attendance in these programs is taken seriously and will follow a 3 strike rule; 3 or more classes missed may result in dancer being asked to reconsider the Intensive Program, or loss of privileges.
Participation/enrolment in other dance schools/lessons/sports team may be considered a conflict of interest and would not adhere to the outline/purpose of the program and may result in asking a dancer to reconsider their role as a Yarmouth Dance Academy ambassador and member of the Intensive Program. Removal from the program and/or repertoire class without refund may be applied.
Intensive Program Contract:
- Dancers are expected to work at 110%
- Positive attitudes
- Attendance is mandatory for all classes and rehearsals. A three strike rule is followed.
- Dancers are to arrive on time for class
- They must be in proper attire (uniform and hair are done according to class)
- Show respect to classmates, peers, instructors, and studio
- All IP dancers are expected to make every IP Repertoire class/rehearsal when required.
- Priority for casting in shows/recitals.
- Opportunity to become YDA teaching assistant.
- Act as positive role models and ambassadors for their art, program and YDA.
- Commitment. Commitment or conflict with programs outside of YDA may be cause for reconsideration of enrolment and participation with no refund.