Jazz & Contemporary 2
Jazz & Contemporary 3
2013 - 2012
2011 and older
Dance Supplies and Attire
- Black camisole leotard (required for performing)
- Black leggings (required for performing)
- Black convertible tights
- leggings/pants and t-shirt/leotard also acceptable for class
- contemporary socks or contemporary sole/shoes
- Hair to be up and out of their face.
- Water bottle is recommended
Contemporary class will provide an opportunity for dancers to learn the technical foundations in Contemporary. The class will pull from a variety of styles of contemporary and dancers will learn to express themselves through movement that is both technical and physical. Focusing on musicality, styles and characteristics found in Contemporary as well as basics in choreography through games and explorations. Classes are once a week and will take part in YDA’s annual Spring Recital. Dancers are eligible to register for the Nutcracker Performance Program.
*Please note for Fall 2023 term Jazz & Contemporary classes will be combined, alternating class each week. Winter/Spring 2024 each class will be offered individually, as a separate class from one another